Tuesday, December 26, 2006

DreamGirls take on the World

TUESDAY AM UPDATE: Well, the answer to whether Dreamgirls could do crossover biz has been answered now that it did a whopping $8.7 million from only 852 theaters on Christmas Day. The movie scored 2nd place among the holiday's top films (even though many were playing in 3,000+ and 2,500+ venues). Its new cume is $9.6 mil. On Monday, it made over $10K per screen average. Paramount is telling me this is the 3rd best Christmas Day box office on record ever. (Catch Me If You Can did $9.8 in 3,156 theaters, and Ali $10.2 mil in 2,446 theaters.) Pic won't widen more until January 12th.
Nicole Antoinette

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that the movie did well and I believe that it is going to continue to do well. I haven't seen it YET but everyone that I know that has says it is outstanding and Jennifer Hudson did an OUTSTANDING JOB. KUDOS to Jennifer.