Friday, December 29, 2006

Usher to James Brown

"We have lost yet another prolific artist and one of America's greatest cultural icons. My heart goes out to all of his family. He taught so many valuable lessons through his music in such a positive way. I celebrate his career for his words of inspiration. "This is a man's world but it would be nothing without a woman..." In a time of racial segregation when we needed to know that black wasn't bad he taught us to be proud. Having personally taught me how to get on the "good foot" I'll never forget our performances together. All these memories will live on in my heart forever. He is the example of what you do with what God gives you. He was not only the Godfather of Soul, he was the Godfather to the entire music industry. James Brown was the greatest. He was the best! He was a real man,one who fought so desperately to change the minds of a crippled world...a world of ignorance and separation. He was one that always lifted his hand to help those in need. God Blessed us with James Brown. The Heavenly Father has called him home where he will be rewarded for the love, heart, spirit, and soul he blessed us all with. I guess God just couldn't take seeing the Soul Brotha #1 from the nosebleed seats anymore. I will miss you, my friend."




Nicole Antoinette

No comments: